Google have come up with a great idea of utilising an underused display area – our wrist! What better place for their amazing Application Programming Interface (API) to live. Think about it, no more trawling your bag for your phone or missed calls. Looks smart/cute and certainly attracts attention…
Still API unconvinced? Here’s a few good reasons to get strapped:-
- Android Wear syncs with your Android platform, right out the box
- Think visible notifications, no mess, no fuss
- Coding flexibility – yeah, if you really have to hack
- Voice activated – or just chat
- Tactile control – if you like to fondle your tech
- Dictate replies to texts – who needs a keypad
- Predictive search information – supplies topical info without asking
- Hook up all kinds of sexy inputs like sensors
- Helping hand to reach fitness goals
- Mainline companies offer hardware support
- Constellation of apps coming your way soon
- And it’s cool – your inner nerd just screams to put it on!
As you would expect from Google this technology is hardly fire and forget. They plan to upgrade functionality with the Android Wear SDK which allows developers to integrate a number of features into Android powered wearables.
Difficult to see a downside to this tech – as long as you have a free wrist. Android Wear puts the power of the Android platform in the palm of your hand.
At the pace we live there’s never enough time for everything life has to offer. Android Wear, however, instead of consuming time promises to gives us time back through faster access to our messages and internet. This is probably one of those technologies where once you try it you will wonder how you ever lived without. What do you think of Android Wear? All in or don’t care? Let us know in the comments below or on any of our social networks. Links located to the left of your screen.