SolidRun has announced a new line of products designed to reduce the required footprint, simplify the development process, and shorten the time to market for Intel Braswell-based IoT products.
“Intel’s Braswell family of quad-core CPUs are ideal for embedded applications and IoT solutions thanks to their incredible performance, excellent thermal efficiency and low power requirements. However, designing products that utilize these robust chips can be daunting thanks to complex power management challenges and complicated documentation,” said Rabeeh Khoury, SolidRun CTO. “We designed our Braswell-based MicroSoM to eliminate the hassle of developing Intel-powered solutions. We’ve achieved this by providing a clear, one-page instruction sheet with our products. We dramatically reduce engineering time by enabling on-module CPU power management, so that all developers have to do is supply the MicroSoM with a single rail power input. Additionally, our MicroSoM supports a unified development platform, allowing developers to design, test and deploy on a unified target platform.”
The Braswell MicroSoMs from SolidRun offer 1GB to 8GB RAM configurations, on-board support of eMMC storage up to 128GB, and are also offered as a ready to go single-board-computer (SBC). The SBC offer a variety of communications interfaces that are ideal for IoT product designs, including Gigabit Ethernet ports, USB 3.0, HDMI and DisplayPort output, IR receiver, and provisions for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
Specifications of the SolidPC Q4 SBC include:
- SoM Model: Quad Core Intel Braswell E8000 or Quad Core Intel Braswell N3710
- Memory and Storage: Up to 8GB DDR3*, uSD UHS-1 Support eMMC**, M.2 (2242) SSD Connector
- Connectivity: DisplayPort, HDMI 1.4b (up to 4k30fps), 2×RJ45 with PoE option, 3×USB 3.0 Host, M.2 2230 Connector for Wi-Fi/BT 2×UART Headers
- I/O and Misc: Power on Button Reset Button Infra-Red Indication LEDs
- OS Support: Windows, Linux, Android
- Power: DC input 7V-21V Battery for RTC
- Dimensions: 100mm×80mm
- Enclosure: Optional Metal Enclosure*Based on the SoM model
** Assembly option (on microSoM)
The Braswell-based MicroSoMs can be purchased separately starting at $139 USD, or bundled with the SolidPC Q4 carrier board, starting at $179 USD.Purchase from SolidRun