Sprint is issuing a challenge to developers to bring their app ideas to CITA’s MobileCon in San Jose California and turn those ideas into the real deal. They are dubbing this challenge the Sprint Hackathon and it will be held Friday, Oct. 17-18 at MobileCon. Sprint is throwing in FREE registration to MobileCon including all the keynotes, panel discussions, thought leadership stages, trade show and networking just for registering for the Hackathon. Looks like there will be categories and prizes for this Hackathon, take a look at the list below.
- Best in Show – The top overall app will win great prizes.
- Best Use of Mobile Advertising – Using the Pinsight Media+ platform to optimize advertising performance.
- Best RCS Messaging App – Using Jibe’s RCS Messaging API to create apps to deliver real-time interactive content anywhere in the world.
- Best NFC App – Enable your Android app to successfully make proximity transactions with secure card credentials using the Sequent SDK.
- Best Browser Extension App – The Sprint Lumen toolbar is a mobile extensions platform that ships on all Sprint Android devices. Port an existing app or dream up an all-new mobile extension for Sprint’s Lumen toolbar.
- Samsung Categories – Compete to create unique user experiences using Samsung S Pen™ SDK. Demonstrate how to enhance your app to the next level integrating with many S Pen features.
- Best PhoneGap by Adobe App – PhoneGap is a free and open source framework that allows you to create mobile apps using standardized web APIs for the platforms you care about.
“Sprint is excited to host a hackathon event at MobileCon and engage with the developers as they potentially create the next big app,” said Kevin McGinnis, vice president-Product Platforms and Services, Sprint. “During the Hackathon, developers will have the opportunity to meet and receive support from the Sprint developer team and to create apps that can impact how consumers communicate, make purchasing decisions or are entertained.”
So if you’re a developer who has a great app idea and you want to attend MobileCon for free and possibly win some stuff from Sprint, hit the link below to register (there is a $25 fee).