Apple Still Tops Enterprise Mobile Market Share


Google’s Android OS may top the market share for mobiles in the general market, but there is one market Google cannot top. Apple is still king of the enterprise market, making gains and widening the gap in Q3.

Good Technology Mobility Index Report found that despite losing ground in the previous two quarters,  iOS has once again made gains in the enterprise market.  Stretching its lead and widening its gap at the top, at the expense of Android. Despite bringing in enterprise based improvements, and getting Samsung Knox approved by the US Government, Android once again lost ground.

enterise mobile market
Enterprise market smartphone activations by OS (courtesy Good Technology Mobility Index)

Enterprise activations have obviously been affected by the launch of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus in this quarter, masking the figures slightly. However, this is equaled in some ways on the Android side as enterprise sales are usually buoyed by Samsung’s latest in the Note series. With iOS gaining 2% at Android’s expense and growing from 67 – 69%, Android now accounts for 29% of enterprise activations.

Microsoft has been focusing on the enterprise market as well with its recent advertising and development to no avail as Windows Phone remains on the same flat 1% in the enterprise, where it has been for the last 18 months. The fact that Windows Phones are doing so poorly in the enterprise may have led to the recent free release of Office on iOS and Android.

Tablet For Enterprise

In the large screen enterprise market, Android actually grew substantially, with Android tablets growing to 11% of device activations. This still amounts to just scraps at the table, as Android has a huge mountain still to climb as the iPad takes the other 89%. Apple has always provided top notch enterprises based solutions to iPad users, including their recent partnership with IBM to develop front end applications and cloud based business services. As such, it’s almost impossible to see Android cornering the enterprise tablet user.

enterise tablet market
Enterprise market tablet activations by OS (courtesy Good Technology Mobility Index)

Will Google’s new Nexus 9 – complete with official keyboard case and remastered Google tablet apps and services – change the market next quarter? With more and more businesses using Google apps instead of the traditional Microsoft exchange they stand their best chance yet. What do you think will be the outcome?  Let us know on social media or in the comments below.

[button link=”” icon=”fa-external-link” side=”left” target=”blank” color=”285b5e” textcolor=”ffffff”]Source: Good Technology Mobility Index Report[/button]

Last Updated on November 27, 2018.


Phishing Might Be More Successful Than You Think

The Dragonfly Futurefön Hit Or Miss?


Latest Articles

Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap