Developers of Halo: The Masterchief Collecion, 343 Industries, have issued a patch to hopefully fix some of the game’s glaring matchmaking and online stability issues that have plagued it since it launched in November.
Halo: The Masterchief Collection is meant to bridge the gap between the Xbox One’s first couple years of existence until the next sequential Halo game, but the process has been anything but smooth. Offline of course has been well received, giving players the ability to play through the entire series just as they remembered it all the way back from the original Halo in 2001, but online has been quite the mess.
Should players actually manage to connect to another group of players and get into a game, they usually have found teams to be horribly unbalanced. The last patch to Halo: The Masterchief Collection was meant primarly to address the connection issues, while this new one released yesterday focuses on the balancing issues and other annoying online bugs, such as having your rank randomly reset or your party disbanding after coming out of matchmaking.
Hopefully this and a few other patches will be enough to get Halo: The Masterchief Collection running at full speed before they start getting unwrapped for Christmas in a few short weeks.
- Made improvements to prevent manual team selection from getting reset after a Custom Game match
- Made an update to ensure that the “Make Party Leader” command functions correctly
- Made an update to ensure that the “Too Close to the Sun” achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met
- Made an update to ensure that the “Monopolized” achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met
- Made an update to ensure that the “Devastating” achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met
- Made an update to ensure that the “You’re Joking” achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met
- Made improvements to Halo 2: Anniversary objective pickup, specifically in regards to objective “juggling”
- Made an update to Halo 3’s movement input, specifically to resolve a deadzone issue which affected moving in a straight line
- Made additional improvements to Halo: CE fall damage scenarios
- Made an update to resolve a Halo 2 Classic campaign issue where a black screen could overlay the gameplay screen
- Made a variety of stability improvements across the following areas:
- Custom Games
- Halo 4 Campaign
The patch was released to all Halo: The Masterchief Collection owners yesterday, December 7th.
Last Updated on November 27, 2018.