Another budget Android smartphone has entered the market — the Orbic Slim 5″ unlocked smartphone from Reliance Communications. Not everyone can afford, or even needs all the functionality of, higher end flagship phones, and it’s nice to see more budget phone offerings coming to the U.S.
The Orbic Slim features a lightweight aluminum body, slim footprint (only 7.3mm thick), a 1.3GHz Quad-Core processor, 5″HD IPS screen, 13MP camera, 16GB storage with microSD support, and a 2200mAh battery.
“The Orbic brand was developed to bring outstanding value to consumers via high quality products with the latest specs. Orbic Slim certainly delivers on these brand promises,” said Mike Narula, President and CEO of Reliance Communications. “Orbic Slim is a powerful device, packed with features like a 1.3GHz Quad Core processor from MediaTek, a stunning 5″ HD display and a 13MP camera that takes vivid photos. But the hallmark of Orbic Slim is the lightweight, aluminum body and subtle, distinctive back cover design.”
Full specifications of the Orbic Slim include:
- Operating System: Android v5.1 Lollipop (OTA to Marshmallow)
- Platform: MediaTek 6735 1.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
- Bands: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz; UMTS Bands II, IV, V; LTE Bands 2, 4, 5, 17
- Data Connectivity: HSPA+ DL 42.2Mbps/UL 11.5Mbps; GPRS; EDGE; LTE Cat 4 WIFI 802.11 b/g/n; Wi-Fi Direct; Bluetooth 4.0LE
- Dimensions: 143 x 69.8 x 7.3mm
- Display: 5.0″ HD IPS TFT LCD Capacitive Multi-touch Screen
- Camera: 13MP AF Rear Camera with Flash; 5MP FF Front Camera
- Memory: 16GB Storage + 1GB RAM; microSD™ (Up to 32GB)
- Battery: 2200mAh, Li-ion (non-removable battery)
- Connectors: Micro-USB; 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Multimedia: Video Player/Recorder; MP3 Player
- Messaging: SMS; MMS; Email; IM
- Other: Dual-Sim; GPS; G-Sensor; Light & Proximity Sensor; E-compass
- Compatible with most GSM service providers globally
- Warranty 1-Year Warranty
Available in silver or gold, protective TPU cases and a 2-pack tempered glass screen protector are also available for the Orbic Slim. In addition, Reliance Communications is planning on releasing the Slim + X with finger-print sensor technology in Q2 of this year, so that’s another unlocked device to keep an eye out for.
Orbic Slim is compatible with most global GSM networks including AT&T, T-Mobile, and Metro PCS, and is currently on sale on Amazon.com and other retailers in the US for $129.99 (SRP).
What do you think about the specs and pricing of the Orbic Slim? Let us know in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.[button link=”http://amzn.to/1LiHCgu” icon=”fa-shopping-cart” side=”left” target=”blank” color=”285b5e” textcolor=”ffffff”]Purchase from Amazon[/button]