So you picked up, or are planning on picking up, one of the latest smartphones with Quick Charge 3.0 rapid charging capabilities. Our Tronsmart Quick Charge 3.0 USB Wall Charger Review takes a look at a 3 port USB portable wall charger that includes one port that supports Quick Charge 3.0 devices.
The Tronsmart Quick Charge 3.0 USB Wall Charger has the following features and specifications:
- Input: AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz, 1.2A (Max)
- Outputs 1, 2: 5V/2.4A (Max)
- Output 3 (QC3.0 Port): 3.6-6.5V/3A, 6.5-9V/2A, and 9-12V/1.5A (Max)
- Quick Charge 3.0: Charges compatible devices up to 80% in 35 minutes.
- Qualcomm Featured Charging Brand! Officially licensed and certified to use Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Technology.
- Premium materials, ultra-compact design and precision crafting seamlessly combine for an essential, on the road travel companion
- Safety Guarantee: Built with Industry grade materials and premium circuitry, fully protect against overcurrent, overcharging and overheating for safe and fast charging.
What’s in the Box
- 1 x Tronsmart W3PTA Quick Charge 3.0 Wall Charger
- 1 x Welcome Guide
- 18 Month Worry-free Warranty
The Tronsmart W3PTA Quick Charge 3.0 USB Wall Charger features a simple rectangular design with three USB ports on the front and a foldable AC plug prongs on the back. Two of the USB ports are standard 5V/2.4A (maximum) charging ports while the third is a blue Quick Charge 3.0 port for fast charging supported devices. It’s also backwards compatible with Quick Charge 2.0 supported devices, so there’s a fair list of devices that can take advantage of the fast charging from this wall charger. The Tronsmart Wall Charger is also CE, FCC, RoHS certified and has overcurrent, overcharging, and short circuit protection. The foldable prong design is great, allowing for you to unplug it from the wall, fold the prongs in, and slip it into a pocket or bag to take with you on the go.
Ease of Use
This wall charger couldn’t be any easier to use, simply flip the prongs open, plug into a wall outlet, and then connect the device you wish to charge.
While we weren’t able to test any Quick Charge 3.0 supported devices (the list is extremely short right now and includes the HTC One A9, LG G5, and Xiaomi Mi 5), we were able to test it on a few Quick Charge 2.0 supported devices and they charged rapidly as expected. Non-Quick Charge compatible devices charged with no issues from any of the USB ports either.
There currently aren’t many Quick Charge 3.0 capable wall chargers available on the market at this time, and the Tronsmart Quick Charge 3.0 USB Wall Charger comes in at the lower end of the spectrum as far as price is concerned at $21.99USD. Other versions can cost upwards of $45.99.
If you have a device that’s capable of taking advantage of the Quick Charge 3.0 technology and you’re looking for a wall charger that you can use to charge multiple devices at once, including one with Quick Charge 3.0, the Tronsmart Quick Charge 3.0 USB Wall Charger should do the trick for you.[rwp-review id=”0″]
*We were sent a review sample of the Tronsmart QC 3.0 Wall Charger for the purposes of this review.
Last Updated on April 6, 2016.