Panasonic’s Toughbook line has been designed to withstand all kinds of environments and drops, spills, dust, and more for mobile professionals. The company has announced two new additions to the Toughbook family: the FZ-Q2 Semi-Rugged 2-in-1 Windows Toughpad Tablet and the FZ-A2 Fully Rugged 10.1” Android Toughpad Tablet.
FZ-Q2 Semi-Rugged 2-in-1 Windows Toughpad Tablet
The FZ-Q2 Semi-Rugged 2-in-1 Windows Toughpad Tablet comes with a standard full-sized, backlit, spill-resistant keyboard and built-in enterprise-grade protection. Features like Intel Core m5 vPro processors, dual band 4G LTE connectivity, and solid-state drive and battery which are field-serviceable not only increase performance but also the longevity of the device. This Windows tablet is ideal for field service and transportation applications, and can also be safely sanitized with a disinfectant solution for home health and food service or inspection applications.
“Our entire family of Toughbook products are engineered to meet the real world demands our customers face on a daily basis and in many of these environments, consumer devices simply fall short,” said Brian Rowley, Vice President of Marketing and Product Management, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America. “With enterprise-grade features like a serviceable battery and 4G LTE connectivity, the Q2 delivers the features that users need and IT and finance operation managers appreciate, ensuring a longer product lifecycle and higher return on mobile computing investments.”
Key features of the Panasonic FZ-Q2 include:
- Enhanced CPU: Intel® Core™ m5-6Y57 with vPro™ Processor offers powerful performance.
- RAM/Storage: 8GB/128 or 256GB SSD
- Display: 12.5-inch Full HD 1920 x 1080, 10-point capacitive multi-touch, capacitive waterproof pen with tether, anti-reflective (AR) screen treatment
- Long Battery Life: 9.02 hours per shift on average (versus 4.6 hours with consumer tablets)
- Updated Operating System: Windows 10 Pro provides the latest software and security enhancements (Windows 7 Pro downgrade available)
- 4G LTE MultiCarrier Mobile Broadband with Satellite GPS: Ensures reliable connectivity for enterprise users, regardless of their location, indoors and out.
- Insertable or Contactless Smart Card Readers: Offers the enhanced security features enterprises require.
- Anti-reflective Screen Treatment: Treated screen allows better visibility in bright conditions.
- Attachable Spill-resistant, Backlit Keyboard: Equipped with signature strap/carrying handle for safety and portability.
- HDMI-IN3 option: Provides a full HD view from any HDMI source, designed for video quality assurance testing and monitoring.
- Accessories: Full desktop cradle provides flexibility for mobile deployments. The rotating hand strap for the tablet maximizes user productivity.
- Warranty: 3-year warranty with business-class support
The Panasonic FZ-Q2 2-in-1 tablet will be available on January 12, at a list price of $2,299.00USD.
FZ-A2 Fully Rugged 10.1” Android Toughpad Tablet
Tested to meet MIL-STD-810G certification, the FZ-A2 Fully Rugged 10.1” Android Toughpad Tablet has an IP65 rating and offers drop protection. The screen can be used with or without gloves in various weather conditions, including the rain. With a hot-swappable battery, three integrated configurations with optional features like a barcode reader, Smart Card reader, or additional USB port, its thin form factor makes it ideal for many different applications and usage scenarios. Also equipped with enterprise-class features, the FZ-A2 Android Toughpad tablet utilizes Android for Work’s enterprise security and meets HIPAA requirements for enhanced privacy and data protection.
“Our customers rely on mobile technology to make their jobs easier and more efficient,” said Rowley. “We are continually innovating to develop rugged tablets and laptops that can meet the needs of today’s increasingly diverse mobile workforce. The FZ-A2 is the ultimate tablet for mobile field work that will continue to evolve with our customers’ needs and work requirements.”
Key features of the Panasonic FZ-A2 include:
- Operating System: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Powerful Processor: Intel® Atom™ x5-Z8550 processor (2M Cache, 1.44 GHz up to 2.4 GHz)
- RAM/Storage: 4GB/32GB
- Camera: Front 2MP/ Rear 8MP
- Screen Visibility: 10.1-inch WUXGA , 800 nit daylight-readable screen with 10-point capacitive touch
- Standard Battery: 9 hours2, hot swap capable with bridge battery
- Remote Manageability: The Panasonic tablet also offers secure, remote manageability through its industry leading partners
- Standard Features: Wi-Fi with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth v4.2 LE, Headset jack, Full-sized HDMI out, USB A 3.0 and USB C 3.1, Dual Microphones, MicroSD, Integrated passive pen and holder, and GPS
- Optional Features: Integrated casing configurations for barcode reader or second USB3, Integrated Smart Card Reader3, AT&T or Verizon WWAN with 4G LTE, Dual Pass-Through Antenna for exceptional connectivity
- Accessories: Desktop cradle, vehicle mount, active stylus pen and rotating hand strap
- Warranty: 3-year warranty with business-class support
The Wi-Fi only base model version of the Panasonic FZ-A2 tablet will be available on January 12 at a list price of $2,189USD.
What do you think of Panasonic’s new Toughpad tablets? Let us know in the comments below or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.[button link=”http://business.panasonic.com/toughpad/us/best-rugged-tablet.html” icon=”fa-external-link” side=”left” target=”blank” color=”285b5e” textcolor=”ffffff”]Source: Panasonic[/button]
Last Updated on January 12, 2017.