While the Halloween event is still going on for Overwatch, an update was pushed out yesterday, October 17th by Blizzard to fix a few things here and there for Overwatch. The October 17th Overwatch patch includes some bug fixes for Lucio, Mercy, and Zenyatta, setting social status for PC players, and more.
A quick rundown of the updates for heroes is Lucio was having a problem where his wall ride wasn’t fast enough, but now with this update, the speed boost after exiting a wall ride is 65% faster. Mercy is getting two fixes for her Guardian Angel ability and Valkyrie ultimate. As for Zenyatta, additional voice lines are being added. Check down below to see the full log of fixes Blizzard has updated for Overwatch.
[PC] Players can now set their social status to Online, Away, Busy, or Appear Offline (Note: appearing offline does not prevent friends from seeing you if you are placed into the same match). This option can be found under the social menu.
- Wall Ride
- The speed boost that Lúcio receives after completing a wall ride has been increased by 65%
Developer Comments:A recent bug fix slowed Lúcio’s Wall Ride. This change compensates for the reduced speed.
- Guardian Angel
- Players can now glide past a targeted ally using the jump key
- Cooldown no longer resets when Resurrect is activated
- No longer resets or reduces Resurrection’s cooldown
- Now gives players a bonus resurrection charge
Developer Comments:Valkyrie no longer resets or reduces Resurrect’s cooldown. Instead, it now provides an extra ‘charge,’ allowing you to revive an ally even if it is still on cooldown. If the bonus charge hasn’t been spent when Valkyrie ends, it will be removed.
This method makes Resurrect more flexible when used with Valkyrie. For example, in the past if you wanted to resurrect two teammates, you had to revive the first target, then activate Valkyrie (causing the Resurrect’s cooldown to reset), and then revive the other target. With this change, you can now activate Valkyrie and fly in quickly to resurrect both targets instantly.
However, this still reduces the overall number of Resurrects that Mercy can provide, since Valkyrie no longer reduces its cooldown.
- Added a number of additional voicelines for Cultist Zenyatta
- Fixed a bug preventing Mercy’s momentum from slowing down correctly when Guardian Angel was canceled
- Fixed a bug preventing the visual effects on Sombra’s Pumpkinette victory pose from displaying correctly
If you haven’t been playing Overwatch on PC, PS4, or Xbox One lately you’re missing out on the Halloween event offering new skins, emotes, this new patch, and more. What do you guys think about the new patch that’s been pushed out to fix bug issues with Lucio, Mercy, and Zenyatta and general bug fixes? Let us know by leaving your comments down below, or on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter.Source: Battle.Net