Blizzard has been great at adding new heroes to their free-to-play MOBA, Heroes of the Storm, on a regular basis. The latest hero to be announced is Maiev Shadowsong — The Warden. A night elf Warden and former Priestess of the Moon, Shadowsong joins the Nexus from the Warcraft universe where she played a key role during the War of the Ancients against the Illidan Stormrage (it’ll be fun to hear their in-game banter) and the Burning Legion.
In Heroes of the Storm, Maiev will take on the role of a melee assassin with a focus on preventing enemies from escaping. With an increased passive armor of 15, her hero trait allows her to leap into the air and become immune to all hostile effects for 0.75 seconds. Her Primary Abilities include:
- Fan of Knives: Deal 180 damage to enemies in a crescent area. Hitting at least 2 enemy Heroes with Fan of Knives reduces its cooldown to 0.5 seconds, and refunds its Mana cost.
- Umbral Bind: Maiev’s next Basic Attack cleaves and applies a tether to enemy Heroes hit for 2.5 seconds. If a tethered Hero moves too far from Maiev, they are pulled toward her, dealing 110 damage and breaking the tether.
- Spirit of Vengeance: Send a shadow of Maiev outward that will return to its cast location, dealing 100 damage to enemies along both paths. Deals 100% more damage to enemy Heroes. Reactivate to Blink to the shadow’s location.
Her Heroic Abilities will definitely make it more difficult for enemy heroes caught in the crossfire to escape:
- Containment Disc: Throw a glaive in the target direction. If an enemy Hero is hit, Containment Disc can be reactivated to remove their vision and Time Stop them for 4 seconds. Containment Disc automatically activates 6 seconds after hitting a Hero.
- Warden’s Cage: Summon 8 Warden Avatars as a cage around Maiev. After 1.5 seconds, enemy Heroes that come in contact with an Avatar consume it and are knocked to the center of the cage. Warden Avatars last 7 seconds.
Check out Maiev in action in the Spotlight video below:Source: Blizzard