Great sound and a clear microphone are must haves when it comes to gaming headsets. The latest from ROCCAT — the Khan AIMO RGB gaming headset — boasts both and features an integrated 7.1 24-bit 96KHz DAC sound card for high-resolution sound. Even better? The suggested retail price won’t break the bank either.
The Khan AIMO features an integrated sound card capable of producing crystal clear sound up to 24-bit at 96KHz, easily outperforming onboard audio solutions provided on most gaming motherboards. This ensures gamers don’t have to worry about having a headset that needs a specific sound card, with the Khan AIMO representing a complete, premium solution right out of the box. The dedicated sound card coupled with high-end driver units offer amazing virtual 7.1 surround sound, placing the gamer right at the center of the action, improving immersion in-game as well as the ability to pinpoint enemy locations. The virtual surround sound can also be disabled by users as per their preference, with the Khan AIMO functioning as an excellent stereo headset as well.
With 50mm drivers that support Hi-Res audio, the Khan Aimo weighs only 275 grams for a light, comfortable fit. It is also compatible with ROCCAT’s Swarm software allowing users to set RGB effects as well as toggle between different equalizer modes to tweak the sound to their liking.
Specifications and features of the Khan Aimo gaming headset include:
- 7.1 high-resolution sound: precise surround sound with rich highs, mids & lows
- Inbuilt 7.1 sound card: 24-bit 96KHz DAC sound card for no noise
- Passive noise cancellation: works great even in the noisiest of environments
- Ultra comfortable: memory foam earpads suitable for extended play
- RGB illumination: 16.8m color lighting engine with effects & presets
- Easy controls: earcup volume & surround control + mic auto-mute
- Real-voice mic: lets your teammates hear you clearly and naturally
- Aimo lighting system: intelligent illumination harmonized across devices
- Robust design: steel sliders and reliable build with 275g weight
- Driver units
- Measured Frequency response: 10 – 40000Hz
- Impedance: 32Ω
- Max. SPL at 1kHz: 99dB
- Driver unit material: Neodymium magnet
- Drive diameter: 50mm
- Measured Frequency response: 100 – 10000Hz
- THD% @ 1kHz: 2%
- Sensitivity at 1kHz: -40dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 60dB
- Impedance: 2.2kΩ
- Sound card
- Resolution: 24-bit @ 96kHz (max)
- DAC/AMP combo
- Weight: 275 g
- System requirements
- Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Windows® 10
- Internet connection for driver installation
- USB 2.0 Port
The ROCCAT Khan Aimo RGB gaming headset will be available soon at a variety of retailers for $119.99USD.