We’re heading into the long weekend for most people and Xbox has unveiled what’s in store for games with the April Games with Gold. In case you missed them, there are still a few days to get the last two titles from last month. As always, the two Xbox 360 games below are Backward Compatible on the Xbox One (check out our Xbox One X review in case you missed it) once they’re available on their respective dates.
Without further ado, let’s check out what Xbox is offering Xbox Live Gold members in April!
SUPERHOT – Xbox One
March 16 – April 15 (3.62 GB)
Time moves only when you move. Blurring the lines between cautious strategy and unbridled mayhem, SUPERHOT is the FPS in which time moves only when you move. No regenerating health bars. No conveniently placed ammo drops. It’s just you, outnumbered and outgunned, grabbing the weapons of fallen enemies to shoot, slice, and maneuver through a hurricane of slow-motion bullets.
With its unique, stylized graphics SUPERHOT finally adds something new and disruptive to the FPS genre. SUPERHOT’s polished, minimalist visual language helps you concentrate on the most important – on the fluidity of gameplay and cinematic beauty of the fight.
- Endless Mode – How long can you last against unyielding waves of enemies?
- Challenge Mode – Take on SUPERHOT with your bare hands, no restarts, timed runs, and more.
- Replay Director – Edit and share your most epic in-game moments
- Extras – Delve further into SUPERHOT with mini-games, ASCII art, and [redacted].
Thirty months in the making. Thousands of hours put into development and design. From its humble origins in the 7 Day FPS game jam, through a hugely successful Kickstarter campaign to a plethora of awards and nominations from industry experts, SUPERHOT is a labor of love by its independant, dedicated team and thousands of backers from all around the globe.
The Witness – Xbox One
April 1 – April 30 (4.1 GB)
You don’t remember who you are, and you don’t remember how you got here, but there’s one thing you can do: explore the island in hope of discovering clues, regaining your memory, and somehow finding your way home.
The Witness is a single-player game in an open world with dozens of locations to explore and over 500 puzzles. This game respects you as an intelligent player and it treats your time as precious. There’s no filler; each of those puzzles brings its own new idea into the mix. So, this is a game full of ideas.
Assassin’s Creed Syndicate – Xbox One
April 16 – May 15 (40.48 GB)
London, 1868. In the heart of the Industrial Revolution, lead your underworld organization and grow your influence to fight those who exploit the less privileged in the name of progress:
- Champion justice: As Jacob Frye, a young and reckless Assassin, use your skills to help those trampled by the march of progress. From freeing exploited children used as slave labour in factories, to stealing precious assets from enemy boats, you will stop at nothing to bring justice back to London’s streets.
- Command London’s underworld: To reclaim London for the people, you will need an army. As a gang leader, strengthen your stronghold and rally rival gang members to your cause, in order to take back the capital from the Templars’ hold.
- A new dynamic fighting system: In Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, action is fast-paced and brutal. As a master of combat, combine powerful multi-kills and countermoves to strike your enemies down.
- A whole new arsenal: Choose your own way to fight enemies. Take advantage of the Rope Launcher technology to be as stealthy as ever and strike with your Hidden Blade. Or choose the kukri knife and the brass knuckles to get the drop on your enemies.
- A new age of transportation: In London, the systemic vehicles offer an ever-changing environment. Drive carriages to chase your target, use your parkour skills to engage in epic fights atop high-speed trains, or make your own way amongst the boats of the River Thames.
- A vast open world: Travel the city at the height of the Industrial Revolution and meet iconic historical figures. From Westminster to Whitechapel, you will come across Darwin, Dickens, Queen Victoria… and many more.
Cars 2: The Video Game – Xbox 360
April 1 – 15 (2.89 GB)
From the makers of Toy Story 3: The Videogame comes Cars 2: The Video Game, where players can jump into the Cars 2 universe with some of their favorite Cars personalities in locations around the globe. Train to become an agent of C.H.R.O.M.E. (Command Headquarters for Recon Operations & Motorized Espionage) and take on dangerous missions, compete to become the fastest racecar in the world, or use your spy skills in exciting, action-packed combat racing!
Dead Space 2 – Xbox 360
April 16 – 30 (1.47 GB)
Engineer Isaac Clarke returns for another blood-curdling adventure in the sequel to the critically acclaimed Dead Space™. After waking from a coma on a massive space city known as “The Sprawl”, the lone survivor of a horrific alien infection finds himself confronting a catastrophic new nightmare. Battling dementia, hunted by the government, and haunted by visions of his dead girlfriend, Isaac will do whatever it takes to save himself and dominate the gruesome onslaught. With an arsenal of tools to dismember Necromorphs and new determination, an engineer will bring the terror to space. The nightmare returns…
Last Updated on March 28, 2018.