We usually have to wait until the last week of the month to find out what Xbox has in store for the next month’s Games with Gold. This month, however, we’re in luck as the May Games with Gold video has been posted up on YouTube early. In case you missed them, there are still a few days to get the last two titles from last month. As always, the two Xbox 360 games below are Backward Compatible on the Xbox One (check out our Xbox One X review in case you missed it) once they’re available on their respective dates.
Without further ado, let’s check out what Xbox is offering Xbox Live Gold members in May, including a brand new release!
Assassin’s Creed Syndicate – Xbox One
April 16 – May 15 (40.48 GB)
London, 1868. In the heart of the Industrial Revolution, lead your underworld organization and grow your influence to fight those who exploit the less privileged in the name of progress:
- Champion justice: As Jacob Frye, a young and reckless Assassin, use your skills to help those trampled by the march of progress. From freeing exploited children used as slave labour in factories, to stealing precious assets from enemy boats, you will stop at nothing to bring justice back to London’s streets.
- Command London’s underworld: To reclaim London for the people, you will need an army. As a gang leader, strengthen your stronghold and rally rival gang members to your cause, in order to take back the capital from the Templars’ hold.
- A new dynamic fighting system: In Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, action is fast-paced and brutal. As a master of combat, combine powerful multi-kills and countermoves to strike your enemies down.
- A whole new arsenal: Choose your own way to fight enemies. Take advantage of the Rope Launcher technology to be as stealthy as ever and strike with your Hidden Blade. Or choose the kukri knife and the brass knuckles to get the drop on your enemies.
- A new age of transportation: In London, the systemic vehicles offer an ever-changing environment. Drive carriages to chase your target, use your parkour skills to engage in epic fights atop high-speed trains, or make your own way amongst the boats of the River Thames.
- A vast open world: Travel the city at the height of the Industrial Revolution and meet iconic historical figures. From Westminster to Whitechapel, you will come across Darwin, Dickens, Queen Victoria… and many more.
Super Mega Baseball 2 – Xbox One
May 1 – 31st
Super Mega Baseball 2 isn’t out yet but debuts on May 1st — and as a bonus, it’s free for Xbox Live Gold members for the month of May!
Customize your squad, step up to the plate, and knock ‘em out of the park.The makers of Super Mega Baseball have returned with a brand new, streamlined baseball simulator that’ll keep you coming backfor more. Build your dream team and challenge your opponents to a good old-fashioned game of hardball, online and off.
Your team, your league, your way. Full customization is at your fingertips with logo design, uniform choices, player appearance, league construction, sandbox seasons and more.Step onto the mound with brand new, more realistically scaled character models and soak in the sights and sounds of new and updated stadiums. Physically-based rendering and a fully rebuilt user interface round out a massive set of visual upgrades.Baseball fanatics will be in their element with visceral, convincing physics and a fine-tuned baseball simulation, while newcomers will succeed with accessible controls and a wide range of difficulty settings.
METAL GEAR SOLID V: The Phantom Pain – Xbox One
May 16 – June 15 (30.30 GB)
Konami Digital Entertainment continues forth the ‘METAL GEAR SOLID V Experience’ with the latest chapter, METAL GEAR SOLID V: The Phantom Pain. Ushering in a new era for the franchise with cutting-edge technology powered by the Fox Engine, MGSV: The Phantom Pain, will provide players a first-rate gaming experience as they are offered tactical freedom to carry out open-world missions.
Nine years after the events of MGSV: GROUND ZEROES and the fall of Mother Base, Snake a.k.a. Big Boss, awakens from a nine year coma. The year is 1984. The Cold War serves as the backdrop as nuclear weapons continue to shape a global crisis. Driven by revenge, Snake establishes a new private army and returns to the battlefield in pursuit of the shadow group, XOF.
The METAL GEAR SOLID team continues to ambitiously explore mature themes such as the psychology of warfare and the atrocities that result from those that engage in its vicious cycle. One of the most anticipated games of the year with its open-world design, photorealistic visual fidelity and feature-rich game design, MGSV: The Phantom Pain will leave its mark as one of the hallmarks in the gaming industry for its cinematic storytelling, heavy themes, and immersive tactical gameplay.
- Open-World game design allowing players ultimate freedom on how to approach missions and overall game progression
- Fox Engine delivers photorealistic graphics, thoughtful game design and true new-generation game production quality
- Online connectivity that carries the experience beyond the consoles to other devices to augment the overall functionality and access to the game.
Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage – Xbox 360
May 1 – 15 (873.2 MB)
Join Axel, Blaze, and company as they battle the evil Mr. X across all three Streets of Rage games.Originally released for the Sega Genesis, the classic brawler series has now been updated for release on Xbox LIVE Arcade! Earn all new achievements, take on challenging new game trials, compete with others players across Xbox LIVE Leaderboards, and clean up the streets with a friend in two player local and online co-op!
Vanquish – Xbox 360
May 16 – 31 (6.54 GB)
VANQUISH is a sci-fi shooter of epic proportions with a fast, fluid and frenetic combat system. It takes the shooter genre to the next level by adding unique offensive and defensive moves, and kinetic melee combat.
Last Updated on