Undead Labs’ State of Decay 2 is celebrating Independence Day and more than 3 million players with the new “Independence Pack” DLC. The first post-launch content pack for the game features new vehicles, weapons, and gear with a patriotic 4th of July theme.
The Independence Pack features three zombie-ready vehicles, access to a supply drop containing three new patriotic melee weapons, two unique ranged weapons, and piles of single-use fireworks that are perfect for causing general havoc:
- Take the Pyrohawk, Burninator, or Meatwagon out for a spin. With names like these, you know driving will be more entertaining.
- Step up to your station at the BBQ with The Freedom Ringer, Grillmeister, and BBQ Fork – new hand-held zed-slaying solutions.
- Subtlety not your thing? Well, we have the Pyro Launcher and Starshank Launcher so you can blast zombies with fiery explosives.
- Just like loud noises with pretty colors? You’re in luck! The Block Rocker, Reign o’ Fire, Bouncing Boris, and XL Firework Shell offer even more options to turn a mission into a celebration.
- The new Fireworks Crafting Station facility mod crafts additional fireworks or ammunition for your fancy new fireworks launchers. Also, keep an eye out for a new wandering trader hosting a fire sale on these explosive new goodies. That’s right, a good ole traditional fireworks sale.
In addition, Update 2.0 features 20 free new missions, nearly 10 new weapons, a “Rare Books” trader for new skills, and plenty of improved gameplay in honor of the “Independence Pack” for all players. The DLC pack is free for those who bought the Ultimate Edition version of the game or $4.99USD for anyone else. Those playing the game through the Xbox Game Pass can save 10% on the DLC pack. Another content pack, the “Daybreak Pack,” is slated for release in September.
Last Updated on June 28, 2018.