Acer’s new 15.6-inch Chromebook 315 is powered by 7th Generation AMD processors with Radeon graphics and boasts up to 10 hours of battery life. Unveiled at CES 2019, users can choose between the AMD A6-9220C or A4-9120C processor. The Full HD 15.6-inch IPS display offers a vibrant display for streaming video, web games, and apps. The Chromebook 315 is available in both touch-screen and non-touch configurations.
“The 15.6-inch Chromebook has been one of the cornerstones of the Acer Chromebook line. The Acer Chromebook 315 builds on the line’s core attributes—a huge 15.6-inch display, great speakers and a stylish design —to now include new AMD processors and Radeon graphics that will effortlessly power the growing selection of Chrome and Android™ apps that have been embraced by so many students, families and business users.”James Lin, General Manger, Commercial and Detachable Notebooks, IT Products Business, Acer Inc.
In addition to the new AMD processor options and display, the Chromebook 315 also boasts two full-sized upward-facing speakers on either side of the full-sized keyboard. On the touch-screen model, the keyboard also comes with backlight functionality.
The Chromebook also comes with two USB Type-C Gen 1 ports, two USB 3.0 ports, a combo headphone/speaker jack, Wi-Fi 802.11ac wireless, and Bluetooth 4.2.
Specifications of the Acer Chromebook 315 include:
- Model Number(s): Chromebook 315-2HT (touch) and Chromebook 315-2H (non-touch)
- O/S: Chrome
- 15.6-inch touch display with IPS technology, Full HD 1920×1080 resolution, high-brightness Acer CineCrystal LED-backlit TFT LCD; 16:9 aspect ratio; viewing angle up to 170 degrees
- 15.6-inch display with IPS technology, Full HD 1920×1080 resolution, Acer ComfyView LED-backlit TFT LCD; 16:9 aspect ratio; viewing angle up to 170 degrees
- 15.6-inch display, HD 1366×768 resolution, Acer ComfyView LED
backlitTFTLCD; 16:9 aspect ratio
- 7th Generation AMD A-Series dual-core A6-9220C APU(1MB L2 cache, 1.8GHz with Turbo Core Technology up to 2.7GHz) with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics, H.265 4K decode, H264 1080p60 encode OpenCL 2.0, OpenGL 4.4, Microsoft DirectX 12
- 7th Generation AMD A-Series dual-core A4-9120C APU with Radeon R4 Graphics (1MB L2 cache, 1.6GHz with Turbo Core Technology up to 2.4GHz)with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics, H.265 4K decode, H264 1080p60 encode OpenCL 2.0, OpenGL 4.4, Microsoft DirectX 12
- Memory: 4GB or8GB of dual-channel DDR4 SDRAM
- Storage: 32GB or 64GB eMMC
- Wireless and networking: 802.11a/b/g/n/
acwireless LAN operating at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz; featuring 2×2 MU-MIMO technology; Bluetooth 4.2
- Security: Discrete H1 Trusted Platform Module (TPM) solution for ChromebookWebcamHD webcam with 1280 x 720 resolution, 720p video recording and high dynamic range imaging (HDR); 88-degree wide angle lens; Android Runtime for Chrome (ARC++)
- Speakers: 2 built-in stereo speakers; High-definition audio support; built-in microphoneKeyboard & TouchpadKeyboard74-/75-/78-key Acer FineTip backlit keyboard with international language support
- TouchPad: Fully clickable touchpad; one-finger touch to left-click, two-finger touch to right click, two-finger scrolling
- 2 USB Type C3.1 Gen 1 ports (up to 5 Gbps), DisplayPort over USB-C, USB charging 5/9/15/20V; 3 A; DC-in port 20 V; 45 W
- 2 USB 3.0ports
- microSD Card reader
- 3.5mm headphone/speaker jack
- Battery: 54Wh 4670 mAh 11.55V 3-cell Li-ion battery pack; Up to 10 hours of battery life
- System Compliance: Energy Star; EPEAT registered
- Power Adapter: USB Type-C 45 W Google PD AC adapter
- Dimensions: 14.98(W) x 10.09(D) x 0.79(H) inches (380.54(W) x 256.28(D) x 19.95(H) mm)
- Weight: 3.97lbs.(1.8kg)
One yearInternational Travelers Warranty
The Acer Chromebook 315 will be available with either a touch screen display (CB315-2HT) or non-touch display (CB315-2H) with up to 8GB of RAM and 32GB of eMMC storage. The new line will be available in North America in February, starting at US$279.99, and in EMEA in April,starting at €349.
Last Updated on February 3, 2021.