With more devices like smartphones, laptops, and even game consoles coming with USB Type-C charging ports, you may want to pick up a universal power adapter for all your devices. Our Nekteck Type-C PD Wall Adapter review takes a look at a 90W USB-IF certified wall adapter with power delivery that should work for most of your USB-C devices.
The Nekteck Type-C PD Wall Adapter has the following features and specifications:
- USB-IF, UL/CE/FCC/RoHS certified with 6 circuit design protection (Automatic Recovery, Over Voltage Protection, Over Current Protection, Short Circuit Protection, Safe Charging,
- Input: 100V-240V/AC, 50/60Hz
- Output: Type-C PD 90W Max
- USB-C PD Port: 5V/3A, 9V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/4.5A
- Dimensions: 3.34 x 3.34 x 1.18 inch
- Cable Length: 6ft
- Weight: 14.9 ounces
What’s in the box
- USB C 90W PD Wall Charger with Captive 6ft Cable
The Nekteck Type-C PD Wall Adapter’s design isn’t really anything to write home about but most wall adapters aren’t. Square in shape, the matte black power adapter brick is 3.34-inches across and 1.18-inches thick. The Nekteck logo is debossed in gloss black in the lower right corner. The edges of the front and back are bevelled slightly, also finished in gloss black, giving it a slightly refined look.
On the upper right edge, you’ll find the foldable plug which is a nice feature for when you are storing or travelling with the wall adapter. Not only does it protect the plug from damage while travelling but it also makes it easier to store and pack away.
As mentioned above, it’s not much to look at but the Nekteck Type-C PD Wall Adapter does feature a fairly compact design.
Nekteck lists a fair number of products which are compatible with the charger, including smartphones, laptops, MacBooks, tablets, and the Nintendo Switch.
We tested the adapter with the Pixel 3 (18W), the Google Pixel Slate (45W), and the Nintendo Switch (9.8W Switch only, 12.1W with Joy-Con controllers). In all three cases, the Nekteck wall adapter performed as one would expect and pulled near the expected wattage when measured with a USB-C voltage meter. In addition, the Pixel 3 even displayed “Charging rapidly,” again as one would expect.
Some of the devices the company lists as compatible include:
- New MacBook Pro 12-inch 13.3inch 15-inch with Type-C Port 2016 or later,
MacbookAir 2018, iPad Pro 2018
- 2018 DELL XPS 12, Dell XPS 13 9350/Dell XPS 15 9550, Razer Blade Stealth
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 2017, ThinkPad X270, Google Pixelbook/Chromebook Pixel
- Samsung Galaxy TabPro S, Galaxy Tab S3, ASUS ZenPad 3S 10, New Nokia N1 Tablet, Nintendo Switch
- Samsung S9/S8/S8 Plus/Note 9, OnePlus 2/3, LG G5/G6/V20
- Google Pixel/Pixel 3/2/Pixel XL, Nexus 5X/6P, Sony XZ, Xiaomi Note, 2/Mix/5C
- Huawei P9/Honor 8/Honor V9/Mate 9/Mate 10, Lenovo Zuk Z1, Nubia Z9, and more.
On that note, the Nekteck Type-C PD Wall Adapter performs as the company states across a number of devices. As long as your device draws less than 90W of power and supports USB-C charging with power delivery, this wall adapter should work for you.
Currently selling for US$29.99 on Amazon, the Nekteck Type-C PD Wall Adapter is not only reasonably priced but also cheaper than other comparable 90W Type-C wall adapters. In addition, it is USB-IF Certified so you know that you are getting a decent, certified product that isn’t going to fry your devices.
If you have multiple devices requiring USB Type-C charging, the Nekteck Type-C PD Wall Adapter is a great choice for minimizing the number of chargers you need, especially if you travel.