If you’re a gamer, there’s likely a task or puzzle you’ve needed to solve while playing a game. Oftentimes, solving it includes heading to your favourite search engine for hints as to the solution. The team over at OnBuy.com has assembled a list of the hardest video game puzzles and which video game puzzles generated the most searches for a solution.
A study of 2700 gamers found that the top three puzzles that took the longest to beat came from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- The “Water Temple” in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time still confuses people and takes an average of 176.88 minutes to complete – that’s approximately 3 hours!
- The Volskygge puzzle found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim takes the average Joe (or Joanne) approximately 132.62 minutes to complete
- The Fahlbtharz Boiler Room puzzle, also found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim takes 104.56 minutes to complete
Puzzles in Destiny 2, Witcher 3, and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim proved to generate the most Google searches for hints on how to solve them.
- Most people want to cheat at the “Corridors of time” puzzle in Destiny 2 with 307,680 yearly Google searches for how to solve it.
- The game puzzle that takes the longest to complete (176.88 minutes on average – approximately 3 hours) is the “Water Temple” puzzle in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
- In third and fourth place are The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim specials, specifically the Volskygge puzzle that takes approximately 132.62 minutes to complete and the Fahlbtharz Boiler Room puzzle with 104.56 minutes to complete.