Audio-Technica has announced the ATH-M50xIB Professional Monitor Headphones, a limited-edition “Ice Blue” color version of the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. This model is the result of a global crowdsourcing campaign, where end users voted on their favorite color of the next ATH-M50x model. Also being introduced is the wireless ATH-M50xBT2IB iteration.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
From the 45 mm large-aperture drivers to its sound-isolating ear cups and robust construction, the ATH-M50xIB provides an unmatched experience for the most critical audio applications, including recording, live sound, broadcast, DJ and personal listening.
The headphones incorporate technology drawn from Audio-Technica’s long history in the field of high-performance professional audio, providing natural, accurate sound with impactful bass and high-frequency extension. With professional-grade ear pad and headband material and a collapsible design with detachable cable, the ATH-M50xIB headphones transport easily and remain comfortable throughout long monitoring sessions.
The wireless ATH-M50xBT2IB delivers the same exhilarating listening experience as its wired counterpart, offering exceptional clarity and deep, accurate bass response. Additional features include:
- Premium internal audio components and a dedicated internal headphone amp
- Compatibility with multiple audio codecs (SBC, AAC and LDAC); side tone circuitry that allows users to hear their voice in the headphones when making calls on most smartphones, and access to voice assistants (Amazon Alexa Built-in, Google Assistant, Siri);
- A “Fast Pair” feature, enabling users to quickly pair the ATH-M50xBT2IB headphones with Android OS smartphones and devices with a single tap on the device; a detachable 1.2-meter (3.9-foot) cable for optional wired connection
- compatibility with the A-T Connect app, allowing control of the low latency mode, EQ, L/R volume balance, choice of voice assistant, misplaced headphone location, change of codecs, and more
- Multipoint pairing lets users connect wirelessly to two Bluetooth® devices at once, and a low-latency mode improves synchronicity between audio and video for smooth streaming and gaming
- Battery life is approximately 50 hours of continuous use on a full charge and up to 3 hours of use on a 10-minute rapid charge via USB-C connection. A USB charging cable and a handy carrying pouch are also included.
Audio-Technica’s new limited-edition wired ATH-M50xIB (priced at $169.00 MAP) and wireless ATH-M50xBT2IB (priced at $219.00 MAP) are now available.
What do you think of these new Audio-Technica headphones? Please share your thoughts on any of the social media pages listed below. You can also comment on our MeWe page by joining the MeWe social network. And subscribe to our RUMBLE channel for more trailers and tech videos.