Samsung’s Smart Monitor lineup is growing and it is a segment the company is keenly interested in pushing. The Smart Monitor line can double up as not only a monitor but also a TV and even a gaming center. Think of it as a TV for your desk that can be used as a monitor. Here’s what they brought to CES 2024.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
The new Smart Monitor M80D can do-it-all. The 32-inch monitor features a sharp 4K (3840×2160) resolution, an included webcam and a host of features that make it great for work and play. This model will be available in 2024.
Samsung Smart Monitor M80D Key Features
- Unlike other monitors, it can be used without a PC, making it a one-stop shop for work, entertainment, fitness and more.
- Whether it’s watching your favorite show or videoconferencing with your family, experience sophisticated visuals with HDR10+ and crisp sounds with its built-in 2-channel speakers. It also comes with its detachable SlimFit camera.
- For productivity, use Multi Control to connect the M80D with other Samsung devices. Easily move images and/or text between the monitor and your Galaxy Book, Tablet, or Phone for increased efficiency.
- Connect your wearables and/or exercise devices via Bluetooth during a home workout for real-time feedback that tracks calories, heart rate, distance, speed and more.
- Pair Galaxy Buds for a surround sound-like experience that minimizes latency and synchronization issues with Buds 360 Audio. The Head Tracking option pinpoints sound’s direction from the M80D directly into your earbuds, so you feel fully immersed in whatever you’re listening to.
- Like previous generations, the M80D offers access to streaming TV apps from partners like Prime Video, Netflix and YouTube, as well as Samsung Gaming Hub.
- It also works as a smart home device, pairing with various IoT devices that are Matter compatible, without requiring an additional hub.
- To improve the user experience further, essential settings can now be easily controlled with the click of a mouse, whereas previous models only allowed for adjustments via a remote.
- This sleek monitor in Warm White is enhanced to deliver form and function while conveniently blending into any home clutter-free thanks to its USB-C port capabilities.
The Smart Monitor isn’t the only new device, alongside the Smart Monitor, Samsung announced the Samsung 2D/3D gaming monitor. Here’s what we know.
- While gamers seek immersion, vividness and realism, there have always been dimensional limitations.
- Enter the Samsung 2D/3D gaming monitor – a monitor that allows users to enjoy 3D/VR content without any wearable accessories.
- The 2D and 3D convertible panel technology adjusts the mode based on the characteristics of the content.
- With eye and head tracking, the 3D mode can analyze your position and gaze in real time, optimizing 3-dimensional effects and ultimately providing an immersive gaming experience.
- The monitor also provides 3D effects like shadowing by analyzing the color and complexity of the screen content. Without brightness or color deterioration, the 2D/3D gaming monitor can control the intensity and direction of graphics coming from a monitor screen.
- For a complete 3D experience from content browsing to watching, a specialized 3D UI is provided.
- Beyond 3D gaming, the monitor is compatible with existing VR games, experiences, and content. Users can now enjoy VR without the need to wear uncomfortable gear.
- It is compatible with Steam VR, and Samsung is also securing 3D gaming content partnerships with notable gaming publishers.
As of this article, Samsung announced the Smart Monitor and the 2D/3D gaming monitor but also mentioned and teased a “lifestyle monitor” called, The Link. We don’t have much info on this, but we will update when we do.
Update on THE LINK: Whether it’s the office, an at-home setup or a gaming den, multi-monitor setups are the norm. But often, they’re uneven, mismatched and fail to properly connect with each other for a seamless experience. To solve that, Samsung is introducing The Link – an aesthetically pleasing multiscreen setup. It’s not only a super-thin 4K 32-inch LED monitor, but it’s the first to enable multiple The Link connections without separate cable. Connect as many monitors as you need to get your perfect setup, with each offering premium picture and sound quality, as well as smart features.
What do you think? You may comment by using the social media buttons below. Share on your favorite social media site and tag us on Facebook, X, MeWe, and LinkedIn. Or join our Telegram channel here.