If you can’t decide what you want to upgrade your current laptop or tablet to, Lenovo may have a solution: the Miix 510. Announced today at IFA, the Miix 510 gives you the format and functionality of a tablet with the convenience of having a full-size, fully functioning keyboard.
These days your laptop is used for a combination of work and play, including YouTube, Facebook, and other apps more suited for tablet use. With processors available up to an Intel Core i7 and up to 7.5 hours of battery life, you’ll be sure to be able to get your word processing and email out of the way before you detach the keyboard and settle down for a movie at the end of the day.
Features of the Lenovo Miix 510 include:
- Refined design elements: Its metallic looks impress from the get-go, and closer inspection reveals some outstanding design features: most notably our iconic dual watchband hinge, with its intricately tooled 280 individual pieces of stainless steel that give the integrated kickstand 150-degree angle adjustment so it’s always comfortable to use, no matter placed on the table or on your lap.
- Tools to stay productive: Heavy on the operating system but light on weight, the Miix 510 has the full version of Windows 10, designed for handling the same tasks as a laptop – word processing, data input and analysis, editing and design. Combined with a full size touch screen and backlit keyboard or optional pen with new Windows Ink™, you can take notes, sketch, draw and create in any way you want. As a comfortable typing experience is essential to productivity, we’ve also improved the keyboard with increased key travel and keystroke for a more tactile response and natural typing experience.
- …Or to relax: Whether you’re relaxing by browsing the web, reading a book, watching a film, or on social media, then the 12.2-inch screen, touch capabilities and flexibility will let you use it at any angle or orientation. And with up to 1TB2 of PCIe SSD (solid-state drive) storage, you can save your favorite films and shows to take on the move.
- Connectivity Options: Beyond Wi-Fi and Bluetooth®, the Miix 510 includes optional LTE (in some regions) – so you can use a mobile network when you don’t have Wi-Fi .You can even use it to charge your smartphone without worrying about finding a power outlet.
- Portable and Packable: If you’re likely to travel with a charger, other devices, paperwork kit, the Miix 510’s drop in weight to 880g (without the keyboard) makes all the difference in carrying your load. While it’s light, it’s also the right size to get work done. While you can do a lot on a smartphone and some tablets, they’re not designed for programs like presentations, spreadsheets or even long emails. Sometimes a mouse and keyboard is still what you need to pound out that essay. And that’s the beauty of a detachable.
Full specifications of the Miix 510 include:
- Processor: Up to 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 Processor
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home
- Graphics: Intel® HD Integrated Graphics 520
- Camera & Microphone:
- Front: 2 MP Fixed-Focus
- Rear: 5 MP Auto-Focus
- Dual-Array Microphone
- Memory: Up to 8 GB LPDDR4
- Storage: Up to 1 TB PCIe SSD
- Audio: Integrated Dolby® Enabled Stereo Speakers
- Battery: 39 WHr; Up to 7 ½ hours*
- Wireless Connection: WiFi 802.11 ac + Bluetooth® 4.0; 4G LTE Category 4
- Connectors: 1x USB 3.0 Type-C; 1x USB 3.0 (Always-On Charging); microSD™; Audio Combo JackKeyboard with PTP Inbox, Backlight Keyboard
- Lenovo™ Active Pen
- Color: Platinum silver
- Dimensions (W x D x H):
- Tablet: 300 x 205 x 9.9 mm/11.81″ x 8.07″ x 0.39″
- With Keyboard: 300 x 205 x 15.9 mm/11.81″ x 8.07″ x 0.62″
- Height(mm inches):
- Tablet: 9.9mm (0.39″)
- With Keyboard: 15.9mm (0.62″)
- Tablet: Starting at 880 g (1.94 lbs)
- With Keyboard: Starting at 1.25 kg (2.76 lbs)
What do you think about the new Lenovo Miix 510? Let us know in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.
Last Updated on August 31, 2016.