Considered the holy grail of statuses by some Xbox users, the Xbox Preview Program is a way for gamers to preview and provide feedback to Microsoft about new changes to the Xbox Dashboard. Initially an invite only program, Microsoft soon allowed those in the program to invite their friends, thus expanding the feedback pool. Just prior to the launch of the preview for the New Xbox One Experience last year, the Xbox Preview Program was flooded with invite requests as everyone wanted in, and Microsoft soon stopped accepting new members into the program due to the number of participants.
That’s about to change as the Xbox Preview Program is getting a new name — the Xbox Insider Program. Not only is it getting a new name, one that members of the Windows Insider Program might find familiar, but the Xbox Insider Program will be opening up soon to all Xbox users. As part of the change, the Xbox Preview Dashboard has been rebuilt from the ground up and will start rolling out to a small number of preview members currently in the program.
Some of these changes include:
- A new name – the Xbox Insider Hub
- Personalized to give you more relevant announcements, quests, and Insider content opportunities to get early access to select games and apps
- A new UI, inspired by the New Xbox One Experience, makes it easier to find the right info and provide more robust feedback
- The Xbox Insider profile card where your contributions in the program come front and center
- Support for multiple users on a console to participate and provide feedback
What do you think about the changes coming to the Xbox
Preview Insider Program? If you’re not in the Xbox Preview Program, are you looking forward to being able to provide feedback as part of the Xbox Insider Program? Let us know in the comments below or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.