It’s time for the NHL playoffs! According to Google Trends, searches for the Toronto Maple Leafs are outpacing other Canadian teams — the Jets and the Flames — in searches for this year’s cup contenders. Google wants to help you get into the fun and is showcasing a number of Google Assistant commands you can use to augment your NHL playoffs experience this year.
Not only can you get current scores and results, you can also ask Google Assistant to tell you a hockey joke or go back in time and relive some of the NHL’s best playoff memories. So whether you’re a Leafs, Flames, or Jets fan, or, like me, a fan of a team that didn’t make it *cough* spOilers *cough*, you can ask Google a number of different things. In addition, asking the same command more than once could net you a different response!
Here are some of the commands you can ask Google Assistant with a few possible responses:
- “Hey Google, are you watching the game?”
- “Hey Google, which is your favourite hockey team?”
- “Hey Google, who’s your favourite hockey player?”
During commercial breaks
HeyGoogle, who’s gonna win tonight?”
HeyGoogle, who will win the cup this year?”
- It’s gonna be either Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary, or Montreal. Did I say I’d love to see the cup back in Canada? 😂
- You could get a burger for 18 cents the last time Toronto won the cup. I think they’ve waited long enough 😃
- Winnipeg. I’ve never seen a cup parade in the snow before. It’ll be fun 😉
- Calgary. Just so they can be football and hockey champions at the same time 🏆
- Hard to say. But we personal assistants are building a team for next year. You’d make a great coach 😃
- “Hey Google, will Toronto/Winnipeg/Calgary/Montreal/etc. win the cup?”
During the game
- “Hey Google, help me talk like a hockey fan”
- Don’t worry. If you don’t know what to say, just wait for a referee to do anything, then scream, “Come on ref!” 😤
- Whenever the other team attacks, just yell “That was offside!”. You never know. The linesman might hear you and change his mind 😉
- Whenever your team has the puck and they’re relatively close to the net, just yell “Shoot!”. Everyone will think you’re a hockey genius 😂
- If you really want to sound like you know what you’re talking about, just quietly mutter “Unbelievable” 😐
- Whenever your team loses the puck, just yell “
Back check!”. I swear, no one ever tried that before 😂
- “Hey Google, tell me a hockey joke”
- “Hey Google, do a hockey interview”
- “Hey Google, tell me a fun fact about hockey”
- “Hey Google, tell me a hockey quote”
- Relive some magical postseason moments with “Hey Google, tell me a playoff memory”
- Test your playoff knowledge with “Hey Google, tell me a hockey riddle”
Of course, hockey isn’t the only sport that Google Assistant can help you with. Here’s a few more sports-related queries to get you starte:
- When’s the Leafs next game?
- When’s the next Raptors game?
- Who is the Leafs mascot?
- Who is the Raptors mascot?
- Where do the Leafs/Raptors play?
- Who is the Leafs coach?
- Who is the Raptors coach?
- Where was Hockey invented?
- Where was basketball invented?
Last Updated on