Sonos is making it easier for users to implement their favorite services by offering a new software update that brings Spotify Free to your Sonos speakers. Starting today, the software update will begin to roll out and you should be able to start using the feature straight away.
Sonos is well known for its sound quality but there were some services it failed to support. With this announcement today, the company is finally starting to expand and offer services many users have actually demanded. The company says today’s software update will also bring a new design for browsing Spotify in the Sonos app. This new design will make accessing favorites more consistent with the Spotify app.
Here’s a rundown of what the company says you’ll enjoy through this update:
- Access to Spotify’s entire catalog on shuffle, making it even easier to listen to music, podcasts, and more.
- Listeners will also have access to 15 personalized on-demand playlists, including Discover Weekly, Release Radar, and Daily Mix, favorites like RapCaviar, Viva Latino, and more.
- Stream Spotify Free on Sonos through the Sonos app or directly from the Spotify app. Start playlists with voice-based on title, genre, or mood with the Google Assistant on a voice-enabled device.
- Whether you regularly use Spotify or not, remember you don’t have to pick just one streaming service on Sonos. Add Spotify Free in addition to one of the other 100+ streaming services on Sonos to discover even more music and content.
- Get started: Make sure your Sonos app is updated to the latest software. Go to Settings > Services > click Add a Service under Music & Content > Set-up or Log-in.
*We use revenue-generating affiliate links and may earn a commission for purchases made using them. Read more on our disclaimer page.
Last Updated on February 3, 2021.