Last week, Amazon announced a new Kindle. Today, the company has announced the new thinner, lighter, and faster Fire HD 8 tablet lineup: the Fire HD 8, Fire HD 8 Kids, and Fire HD 8 Kids Pro. With a 30% faster processor and all-day battery life, Amazon states that the new Fire HD tablets will provide you with a premier entertainment experience.
“Our best-selling tablet this year just got even better for customers. The all-new Fire HD 8 tablets are faster, lighter, and powered by all-day battery life, delivering great entertainment for the whole family. For a complete kids tablet experience, the all-new Fire Kids tablets include one year of Amazon Kids+, a virtual playground of thousands of ad-free games, videos, books, apps, and more, kid-friendly case, a two-year worry-free guarantee, and easy-to-use parental controls.”Kevin Keith, vice president of Amazon Devices
Key features of the all-new Fire HD 8 Tablet include:
- Enhanced performance — With a 30% faster hexa-core processor, customers can do more, from web browsing to watching videos or both at the same time. Enjoy picture-in-picture videos with apps like Prime Video and utilize the split screen feature to send an email while joining a Zoom call, or look up a recipe while watching your favourite show.
- Sleek and durable display — Featuring an 8-inch, vibrant HD display made with strengthened aluminosilicate glass, Fire HD 8 is thinner, lighter, and even stronger than before, testing twice as durable as the iPad mini in tumble tests.
- Battery that lasts all day — Up to 13 hours of battery life for watching content, browsing the web, listening to music, and more. Fire HD 8 fully charges in five hours with the included USB-C cable and 5W power adapter.
- Engaging entertainment — Movies, games, and web content look and sound amazing in vivid HD with Dolby Atmos. With screen mirroring, customers can project video, browsers, apps, photos, and more on larger screens compatible with Miracast technology, including select FireTV, Samsung, Sony, LG, and Phillips TVs.
- Better with Prime — Fire HD 8 powers unlimited hours of entertainment for Prime members, including thousands of popular movies and TV shows with Prime Video, exclusive Amazon Originals, and millions of songs and podcasts with Amazon Music. Plus, with Amazon Photos, Prime members get free, unlimited, full-resolution photo storage and 5GB video storage.
- Plenty of storage — With 32GB and support for up to 1TB of expandable storage via microSD, customers can download and enjoy a variety of books, videos, and games.
- Wide selection of content — Enjoy thousands of movies, TV episodes, songs, books, graphic novels, apps, and games. Stream or watch downloaded videos with Prime Video, Disney+, Netflix, or HBO Max subscriptions.
- Designed with sustainability in mind — Fire HD 8 tablets are part of the growing list of Amazon devices reducing their carbon footprint year after year. Fire HD 8’s packaging is made of 99% wood fiber-based materials from responsibly managed forests or recycled sources.
- Personalized Display Sizes—The new display size feature can either magnify all on-screen elements for customers with low or impaired vision, or reduce the elements’ size to provide extra space to do more on the display.
- Accessibility —With features like VoiceView screen reader, screen magnifier, closed captioning, font size, high-contrast text, color inversion, color correction, and convert stereo to mono audio, Fire HD 8 was built with accessibility in mind.
Designed for kids 3-7, the Fire HD 8 Kids is bundled with a kid-proof case and a two-year worry-free guarantee. The Fire HD 8 Pro, on the other hand, is designed for school-aged kids 6-12 and also comes bundled with a kid-friendly case. It also has access to a digital store for kids where they can discover and ask parents to purchase eBooks, apps, and games like Roblox and Minecraft. Both models include parental controls and a year of Amazon Kids+ with thousands of ad-free, age-appropriate kids’ content.
The new Amazon Fire HD 8 Tablets are available for pre-order today and start at US$99.99/CA$119.99. Black, Denim, and Rose coloured accessory cases are available for US$29.99/CA$44.99. The Fire HD 8 Kids and Fire HD 8 Kids Pro Tablets start at US$149.99/CA$189.99. In the U.S., a Fire HD 8 Plus in Gray starts at US$119.99 and the Fire HD 9 Kids Tablets are also available in a Disney Design bundle for US$159.99 that includes Mickey Mouse or Disney Princess cases.
What do you think about the Amazon Fire HD 8 tablets? Are you going to be picking one up for yourself or your kids? Let us know on social media by using the buttons below.