With console game sizes increasing, some easily hitting 100GB these days, added storage is almost a necessity. The PlayStation 5 allows you to add storage relatively easily, and the latest NVMe SSD drive and heatsink from SABRENT lets you add a whopping 8TB — but it isn’t cheap.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
SABRENT Rocket NVMe SSD drives are some of the fastest in the industry and this Gen4 drive boasts speeds of up to 7100MB/s read and 6600MB/s write. It’s also backwards compatible, albeit less than half the speeds at 3400MB/s and 3000MB/s read/write respectively. That said, given this includes a PlayStation 5 heatsink, you’ll likely be picking it up for that purpose.
Speaking of the heatsink, SABRENT designed this one specifically for the PS5 and it replaces the one included with your console. Instead of trapping heat inside when using the default metal cover, the SABRENT heatsink is cooled from the fan and allows more heat to be transferred from the SSD, away from the drive.
Key features of the SABRENT 8TB Rocket 4 Plus and PS5 Heatsink include:
- The PS5 Heat Sink is DESIGNED FOR THE PS5 CONSOLE: Engineered to fit perfectly and easily into the PS5 console’s SSD expansion slot for a quick and easy install.
- WORLDS FASTEST SSD: The PS5 requires SSD speeds of at least 5500MB/s, and our Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus not only achieves this but exceeds it with read and write speeds of 7000MB/s and 6600MB/s respectively.
- REVOLUTIONARY COOLING: Made from High-Quality CNC’d aluminum, the Sabrent Heatsink for the PS5 console was specifically designed to maximize cooling performance and simplify installation.
- UPGRADE YOUR CONSOLE! Rather than creating a heatsink that would only trap the heat in the metal cover, we designed a heatsink that replaces the native PS5 console cover. This allows for better cooling using the native fan as well as being a larger heatsink.
- INDUSTRIAL QUALITY: This SSD heatsink method also uses Sabrent’s “Sandwich Design” which ensures even pressure throughout the SSD for efficient and consistent heat transfer unlike methods used by other brands.
As indicated above, this drive isn’t cheap and has an MSRP of $1009.99 on Amazon, more than double the price of the console. But hey, you’ll likely never have to buy another drive for your PlayStation 5 ever again… On that note, there aren’t many 8TB NVMe SSDs on the market and those from reputable known OEMs are in the same general price range.
What do you think about the SABRENT 8TB Rocket 4 Plus and PS5 Heatsink? Are you going to be picking one up to add storage to your PlayStation 5 console? Let us know on social media by using the buttons below.