The New on Netflix Canada August list is now out and includes some new series like the already controversial Insatiable, Matt Groening’s Disenchantment, the second season of Ozark, and more. In case you missed it, Netflix profile images have been updated, and if you own a latest Sony BRAVIA MASTER series TV, you can even take advantage of the new Netflix Calibrated Mode.
Ages ago, we ran separate Netflix and Netflix Canada lists and then made the choice to combine them due to similar crossover. However, due to the amount of extra time we spend on a monthly basis cross-referencing two lists, we’re thinking of going back to the separate lists. While there was also some crossover, once you got past the Netflix Originals, the selection between the two services varies quite a bit. Let us know in the comments below which format you prefer!
Before we get started, check out the Netflix Canada August 2018 sizzle reel:
Without further ado, check out what’s coming to (and leaving) Netflix Canada in August. If you’re south of the border, check out the New on Netflix August list! Apologies for the condensed and abbreviated list this month but we’re squeezing this in while on vacay — we’ll return to the regular format next month.
New in August
- 8 Mile
- Along Came Polly
- The Huntsman: Winter’s War
- Julie & Julia
- Justice League Dark
- House of Deadly Secrets
- The Land Before Time
- Michael Jackson’s This Is It
- The Perfect Man
- Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping
- Public Enemies
- Rise of the Guardians
- Safe House
- Switched (Netflix Original): High schooler Ayumi’s perfect world evaporates when her envious classmate Zenko somehow steals her body, her boyfriend and her life.
- ‘Til Death Do Us Part
- Touch of Evil
- The 100: Season 5
- Wild Oats
- Brij Mohan Amar Rahe (Netflix Film): Faking his death to escape the realities of his uneventful life worked out well for Brij Mohan – until he was sentenced to death for his own murder.
- Cocaine Coast (Netflix Original): In 1980s Galicia, Spain, a young fisherman becomes a prosperous cocaine smuggler by providing Latin American suppliers with a European entry point.
- Dinotrux Supercharged Season 3 (Netflix Original): Whether by land, air or sea, the Dinotrux tackle some of their biggest builds ever while facing the double threat of brothers D-Structs and D-Stroy.
- I AM A KILLER (Netflix Original): In this true-crime series, history’s most notorious killers recount their stories from their points of view in their own chilling words.
- Like Father (Netflix Film): After she’s left at the altar, a workaholic executive ends up on her honeymoon cruise with her estranged father. Kristen Bell and Kelsey Grammer star.
- Marching Orders (Netflix Original): Follow the Bethune-Cookman University Marching Wildcats as they fight to keep their spots on the field, memorize routines, balance their academic careers, and maintain their social lives.
- Flavors of Youth: International Version (Netflix Original): Memories in a bowl of steaming noodles, a fading beauty finding her way and a bittersweet first love – all in these stories of city life in China.
- On Children (Netflix Original): These uncanny tales reveal a world where individuals face the tragic consequences of social pressure, parental oppression and family dysfunction.
- I KILL GIANTS
- Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
- A Hologram for the King
- Perdida (Netflix Film): A policewoman whose childhood friend disappeared in Patagonia years ago starts a new search to find answers, and soon finds her own life in danger.
- 72 Dangerous Animals: Asia (Netflix Original): From fangs to claws to venomous stings, they all wield deadly weapons. But which creature will be crowned the fiercest of all?
- Afflicted (Netflix Original): Baffling symptoms. Controversial diagnoses. Costly treatments. Seven people with chronic illnesses search for answers — and relief.
- All About the Washingtons (Netflix Original): Hip-hop icon Rev. Run stars opposite wife Justine in this scripted comedy about one couple’s attempts at balancing work, romance and family chaos.
- The Commuter
- Demetri Martin: The Overthinker (Netflix Original): With his signature one-liners and drawings, Demetri Martin muses on doughnut holes, dogs, sports bars, the alphabet’s most aggressive letters and more.
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Netflix Film): A writer bonds with the eccentric residents of Guernsey when she decides to write about the book club they formed during the WWII German occupation.
- Insatiable (Netflix Original): In this darkly comic series, a disgraced civil lawyer turned beauty pageant coach takes on a vengeful, bullied teenager as his client.
- La casa de las flores (Netflix Original): The outward perfection of a family-run flower business hides a dark side rife with dysfunctional secrets in this darkly humorous comedy series.
- Million Pound Menu (Netflix Original): Next-generation restauranteurs get the chance to open their own pop-up eateries to impress the paying public — and a panel of discerning investors.
- Outlander Season 3
- The Package (Netflix Film): When five teens go on a spring break camping trip, an unfortunate accident sets off a race against time to save their friend’s most prized possession.
- The Ponysitters Club (Netflix Original): A young horse enthusiast teams up with her best friends to rescue and rehabilitate animals on her family’s beloved ranch.
- Voltron: Legendary Defender Season 7 (Netflix Original): After saving Shiro and defeating Lotor, the Paladins are finally able to set a course for Earth. After a perilous journey, they discover that their home planet is not how they left it.
- Zion (Netflix Original): Born without legs and stuck in foster care for years, teenager Zion Clark hopes to overcome his circumstances and become a competitive wrestler.
- Splash and Bubbles Season 2
- Adventures in Public School
- Don’t Breathe
- Homeland Season 6
- Hurricane Bianca: From Russia With Hate
- Made of Honor
- Den of Thieves
- Disenchantment (Netflix Original): This animated series from Matt Groening follows the misadventures of a hard-drinking princess, her feisty elf companion and her personal demon.
- Magic for Humans (Netflix Original): From baffling people on the street to orchestrating elaborate tricks, Justin Willman blends good-natured magic with grown-up laughs.
- The Motive (Netflix Film): An aspiring writer with no imagination seeks inspiration for his novel by manipulating the lives of his neighbours so that he can write about them.
- Pinky Malinky (Netflix Original): Pinky Malinky sees the bright side of everything, including being born a hot dog. With his BFFs in tow, this little wiener takes a bite out of life.
- Spirit Riding Free Season 6 (Netflix Original): Lucky and the PALs canter into more adventures with a new chapter of the Frontier Fillies. With each new challenge, Lucky, Spirit and the PALs work together as they run wild and live free.
- Stay Here (Netflix Original): Designer Genevieve Gorder and real estate expert Peter Lorimer show property owners how to turn their short-term rentals into moneymaking showstoppers.
- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before (Netflix Film): Lara Jean’s love life goes from imaginary to out of control when her secret letters to every boy she’s ever fallen for are mysteriously mailed out.
- Ultraviolet (Netflix Original): In this offbeat crime series, an online community of amateur sleuths uses an unconventional mashup of high-tech and low-tech methods to solve cases.
- The Investigator: A British Crime Story Season 2 (Netflix Original): No body. A condemned husband. A daughter desperate for the truth. The closer you look, the stranger it gets.
- Death at a Funeral
- The Sinner
- How to Get Away With Murder Season 4
- Marlon Season 2 (Netflix Original): Amicable exes Marlon and Ashley settle into co-parenting duties and continue to work out where they stand as friends, former flames and a family.
- Deadwind (Netflix Original): Just months after a tragic loss, detective Sofia Karppi investigates the murder of a woman with ties to a Helsinki construction company.
- Follow This (Netflix Original): Follow the reporters at BuzzFeed as they probe topics ranging from quirky internet crazes to safe injection spaces for opioid users.
- In Darkness
- The After Party (Netflix Film): When an aspiring rapper goes viral for all the wrong reasons, he thinks his career is over. But when his best friend gets them into a wild NYC after party, he gets one more chance to make the impossible happen.
- Ask the StoryBots Season 2 (Netflix Original): How do ears hear — and why can’t I eat dessert all the time? The StoryBots tackle these and other tough questions in an all-new season of asks.
- Bert Kreischer: Secret Time (Netflix Original): Perpetually shirtless comic Bert Kreischer relays deep personal secrets and stories about being a cool dad in this stand-up special.
- Ghoul (Netflix Original): A newly minted military interrogator arrives at a covert detention center to discover that some of the terrorists held there are not of this world.
- The Innocents (Netflix Original): When a teenage couple runs away to be together, the extraordinary gift they possess unleashes powerful forces intent on dividing them forever.
- Trolls: The Beat Goes On! Season 3 (Netflix Original): As the trolls turn a new enemy into a friend, Poppy trains Branch in “hair-jitsu,” Smidge woos a crush and DJ Suki learns to throw the best party ever.
- The Accountant
- The Blacklist Season 5
- When the Bough Breaks
- The Comedy Lineup Part 2 (Netflix Original): A cadre of promising up-and-coming comedians delivers a rapid fire series of stand-up performances.
- Inside the Criminal Mind (Netflix Original): Explore the psychological machinations and immoral behavior that define the most nefarious types of criminals.
- The Laws of Thermodynamics (Netflix Film): Jilted by his girlfriend, a man likens his lack of luck in love to the laws of thermodynamics in this documentary-like romantic comedy.
- Ozark Season 2 (Netflix Original): The Byrdes face danger from every side as the cartel, the Snells and the Langmores all threaten to bring down the new life they’ve built in the Ozarks.
- Paradise PD (Netflix Original): From “Brickleberry” creators Roger Black and Waco O’Guin comes this adult animated comedy about a backwater Southern-fried police department.
- Ultimate Beastmaster: Survival of the Fittest (Netflix Original): An inspirational group of new contestants who have overcome significant adversity come together to take on the world’s toughest obstacle course.
What’s Leaving Netflix Canada
- Apollo 13
- The Fault in Our Stars
- Finding Dory
- How to Be Single
- In Good Company
- The Time Traveler’s Wife
- The Truman Show
- Gangs of New York
- School of Rock
- Sixteen Candles
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
Last Updated on